Hygiene is compulsory for wearing contact lenses because it removes impurities and prevents infections. It determines your eye health and keeps it safe from outside particles. There are many reasons behind using correct contact lenses and solutions. Read about the cleaning process and tips on how to clean ortho k contact lenses.
Process of cleaning contact lenses
The first step is to wash your hands using liquid soap without any powder. Dry your hands clean after washing with a microfiber linen towel. It is better not to use any moisturizer-based soap because it makes the contact lenses cloudy.
Use fresh contact lens solution whenever you wear the lenses. Do not apply saliva or tap water to clean the lenses. Saline lens solutions only keep the contact lenses clean removing all dirt particles. Do not rub the lenses using nails because it may tear their surfaces. Always use your thumb finger to clean the lenses.
Rub the lenses
After rubbing the lenses, rinse them using contact lens solution. This process keeps the lenses clean without leaving any impurities. Do not touch the lens with any sharp objects while cleaning them. How to clean ortho k contact lenses?
Tips to keep contact lenses safe
- Do not keep contact lenses in any other box other than lens cases
- Do not wash the lens in tap water, saliva
- Keep the solution bottle cap tight and do not touch the contact lens with a dirty hand
- Replace the contact lens case at regular intervals
- Change the solution every two days to avoid the deposit of dirt particles
- Do not keep the contact lenses near any smoke or polluted environment
Always use the contact lens with power written in the doctor’s prescription without consulting your own decision. There are specific contact lenses for your eye type, which differ from others. This determines the vision performance and clearing concept of your eye. Doctors provide the best care suitable for an individual’s eye type irrespective of their own choice.
Types of contact lens solution
- Regular contact lens solutions are for daily use in cleaning the lenses. Put a few drops of solution in your palm and rub the lenses gently using your thumb finger. This process removes small dirt particles from the lens for about 25 seconds.
- There are contact lenses with a saline solution for protecting the lens from harmful UV rays and other objects inside a case. Use saline solution to store the contact lens when you are not using it for a long time. It contains disinfectant properties and cleaning agents without affecting the contact lens quality.
Always contact your eye doctor if a problem arises due to contact lenses because it determines your vision. Take an appointment every six months to take care of the eye and match it with the lifestyle. There are impurities present in contact lens solutions that sometimes affect your vision. It is better to keep your eye under supervision at regular intervals.