These days, having crooked and misaligned teeth isn’t an insoluble problem, thanks to three orthodontic treatments. According to statistics, many people with different age ranges use the benefits of orthodontic services to boost their oral hygiene and straighten their teeth misalignment. Crooked teeth can be huge insecurity for many people that won’t let them smile, laugh, and talk comfortably, which fortunately can be fixed with the help of an orthodontist. There are numerous orthodontic treatment options available, depending on your needs and preferences. Still, the most prevalent option is traditional metal braces that slowly give their place to other improved options such as Invisalign. It might be surprising to know how many people avoid orthodontics as they aren’t interested in the appearance of metal braces. As a professional dentist applying Invisalign in Ancaster, these clear braces make the situation easier for many orthodontic candidates as they are much more uncomplicated than the traditional ones, and their look is also more likable. Here we have a list of pros and cons of these clear braces, which give you helpful information to make your final decision.
The Benefits of Invisalign Treatment
- Comfortable: since a high-quality Invisalign is made from flexible and smooth material, you won’t feel uncomfortable around your mouth. Unlike traditional braces, which can trigger irritation to your cheeks and lips, Invisalign doesn’t consist of any bracket or wires so that you won’t experience such problems.
- More attractive: honestly, the appearance of traditional braces isn’t pretty at all, which is why many people avoid orthodontic treatment. Fortunately, Invisalign is virtually invisible due to its specific materials, and nobody can quickly notice as they are molded to your teeth. Invisalign can be worn by anyone regardless of their age without making them uncomfortable when they smile.
- Precise: thanks to the dentistry technology, Invisalign will be perfectly personalized according to your mouth and other features. Your professional orthodontist knows how to provide a 3-D model of your mouth to come up with a comprehensive design.
- Convenient: Invisalign won’t disturb your oral hygiene routine, and you can clean your teeth as before as nothing has changed. You can take them out before brushing and flossing your teeth, making the cleaning so simple as you won’t have to maneuver around brackets and wires.
The Drawbacks of Invisalign Treatment
- Restricted: although aligners are still developing to support more different needs of patients, they still can’t be a good answer for patients with severely crooked teeth. If your teeth are awfully misaligned, you probably need to be a candidate for traditional braces to achieve the best results.
- New: many patients prefer to choose time-tastes methods like traditional braces. Invisalign can’t be a good option for these people as they are still a new treatment in dentistry.
Remember that orthodontic treatment isn’t considered a straightforward process like teeth whitening. You need to be patient, conscious, and careful enough in following instructions to obtain your dream smile in the end.