CBD is a natural compound from Cannabis sativa plants, including hemp and marijuana plants. Lately, there are many hypes around skincare products infused with cannabidiol, which can be found in cosmetics. CBD Cosmetic Products include:
- Face masks
- Bath bombs
Perhaps, you have heard that CBD is good for acne, skin disorders, wrinkles, and fine lines. But, does it work? Is it harmless to use? There is an ongoing study about the uses and benefits of CBD in the early stages. Experts say it needs to have more large-scale research to know more about how good cannabidiol is good for the skin.
The benefits of CBD for the skin
The CBD benefits level on some skin conditions is still up for debate. It is still being studied and needs more research to see if CBD or some other agents of Cannabis sativa directly enhance skin quality. Here are some of the benefits of CBD for the skin:
- Reduce breakouts. CBD helps decrease inflammation of breakouts. The oil production regulation reduces the breakouts.
- Treat inflammatory acne. CBD can help decrease redness, swelling, and pain associated with inflammatory acne.
- Regulate oil production. Previously, CBD helps regulate hormones in oil production, it reduces excess sebum.
- Soothe eczema. CBD helps fight irritations. In addition, it combats inflammation caused by eczema along with skin conditions, such as:
- Neutralize free radical damage. CBD works to prevent the weakening of the skin by neutralizing the free radical damage.
- Calm rosacea. CBD has the ability to reduce inflammation, which helps to calm rosacea flare-ups.
- Hydration. CBD moisturizes properties that help fight dryness and dehydration of the skin.
- Decrease hormonal conditions. CBD is an adaptogen that works to reduce the effects of hormones and some other compounds released from the body during stress.
Are there any side effects?
Yes, there are side effects, but all are positive. CBD has positive side effects, which can be visually seen. For example, inflammatory acne starts to reduce the redness until fully heals the acne scar. What can you say about this side effect of CBD?
How to use CBD cosmetics?
Like any other cosmetic product, CBD can be used according to the kind of product. For example, if a lotion contains CBD ingredients, then using it regularly or as put into the direction to use is how it should be. There are no extra techniques or applications, just to make a CBD cosmetic product work. The same way you use the skincare product, that is how you are using CBD skin care products as well.
You can use the CBD cosmetic product normally, like your usual lotion or cream. Most CBD cosmetic products are creams and serums. Layering skincare products from the thinnest up to the thickest, the same application and ways.